- Premier Sports coverage of the season kicks off this Friday 31st August with all seven live games live on Premier Sports and FreeSports. The Premier Sports team also includes an experienced and dynamic broadcast trio for the very best in live sports reporting, presentation and commentary; with high profile Scottish TV presenter and former Deacon Blue band member Dougie Vipond, leading sports commentator Rory Hamilton and popular TV presenter Emma Dodds on board.
- Email Mark Bonnar heads the cast of Guilt Scottish singer-songwriter Emeli Sande, award-winning actor Mark Bonnar, comedy legends Ford Kiernan and Greg Hemphill and a raft of new talent and documentaries showcasing modern Scotland, are lined up to feature on the new BBC Scotland television channel launching next month. Newly-commissioned programmes, span the genres from factual, entertainment and arts to comedy, drama, news and sport, meaning hundreds of more hours of additional content for audiences in Scotland.
- Neil Doncaster has already got the backing of the clubs to the new deal that will see the following happening: 1.
- Women's Football World Cup For all the consternation and hand-wringing that had followed defeat to New Zealand in their stalled send-off at Brighton , England managed to edge out Scotland with verve and ambition in the first half and by the skin of their teeth in the second in their opening World Cup game.
- Taking "a global view on the news while maintaining a distinct Scottish voice", the programme will feature a hand-picked team of reporters and correspondents who will cover social affairs, innovation, consumer matters, sport and entertainment. There is also a four-strong team who will report on politics from Holyrood, Westminster and Brussels.
- Reference If you're trying to find out the names of famous Scottish presenters then this list is the perfect resource for you.
Photograph: Alamy The BBC is to launch a dedicated Scottish television channel with a new hour-long news programme after a major review of its output and spending in Scotland. Lorna Gordon bbclornag BBC DG Tony Hall says BBCScotland channel will reflect how Scotland is changing politically, culturally and creatively scottishnine February 22, It will be shown between 7pm and midnight, and include a nightly Scottish-led hour-long news and current affairs programme at 9pm.
Hall said the channel would lead to 80 new jobs based in Scotland.
Advertisement Since then the Scots have fared little better and come into this clash off the back of an arduous trip to Russia on Thursday. Scotland fans will expect a victory in Glasgow on Sunday but it is the manner of the win which will stay in the minds of supporters.
There were reports at the weekend that the Scottish Six proposal had been killed off by Hall and other BBC executives in London, with commentators and the National Union of Journalists furious there would be no substantial new investment in Scottish current affairs programming.
The substantial reforms follow intense debate about the quality and range of BBC programming and spending in Scotland.
Vital that it is funded well.
It is vital that we get this right. The best way of achieving that is a dedicated channel for Scotland. Paul Holleran, Scottish organiser for the National Union of Journalists, said the 80 extra jobs and a further 20 newposts to provide news for Scottish local newspapers, was largely due to vigorous lobbying by BBC executives in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland to persuade their bosses in London to decentralise far more programme-making and broadcasting.