- Despite a complete overhaul of the coaching staff, Texas Tech returns several key cogs including sophomore quarterback Alan Bowman who threw for 2, yards and 17 touchdowns in eight games and 6-foot-6 junior receiver T.
- The Texas Tech baseball team is getting used to seeing familiar faces in Omaha. Last year, Arkansas beat Tech in the second game of the CWS on their way to a championship series appearance.
- The No. Tech opens the double-elimination tournament against Michigan at 1 p.
- All four Big 12 home series openers will be televised and at least two games of every league series against Kansas, TCU, Baylor and Oklahoma State will have a television broadcast. For the third straight season the Red Raider television broadcast crew will be made up with play-by-play announcer Robert Giovannetti and Mike Gustafson, who will serve as the analyst for the broadcast.
- Michigan baseball vs.
Associated Press Rain played havoc with Tuesday's schedule at the College World Series, and that means three games will be on tap Wednesday instead of one. Texas Tech and Florida State were originally scheduled to play at 7 p.
Michigan to Begin College World Series Against No. 8 Texas Tech
Prior to that game, Louisville and Auburn will complete their suspended match. The Cardinals are leading the Tigers in the fifth inning and will resume at noon ET. Top-seeded Vanderbilt will meet Mississippi State 65 minutes after the Louisville-Auburn game is completed. Florida State, 7 p.
Auburn The Cardinals jumped ahead on a home run by Tyler Fitzgerald in the first inning, and the Tigers tied it in the second inning on an RBI groundout. Louisville took the lead in the fourth on a base hit, three walks and two errors.
That gave the Cardinals three-run advantage before the rains arrived at TD Ameritrade Park, and the game was halted. The weather forecast for Wednesday calls for cloudy skies but no rain. Vanderbilt vs.
CWS: How to watch FSU vs. Texas Tech baseball on TV, live stream
Martin is hitting. Texas Tech vs. Texas Tech has a couple of big-time sluggers in first baseman Cameron Warren and shortstop Josh Jung.
- Early years[ edit ] The inaugural Texas Tech baseball team. Along with the football and men's basketball teams, the Texas Tech baseball team was founded during the university's initial academic year, in —
- Main article: Texas Tech Red Raiders basketball Bob Knight middle with Pat Knight right Basketball came to Texas Tech only two years after the school was founded and the program has since won 18 conference titles, the last one being in Most of which have been won while the Red Raiders were in their Border Conference and Southwest Conference tenures, while the most recent was in the Big 12 Conference.
- Under his guidance, Texas Tech recorded possibly its best season in school history during the academic year as six programs — men's track and field indoor and outdoor , women's tennis, men's basketball, men's golf and baseball — all finished among the top-eight teams in the country for their respective sports.
- Florida State was blanked, , by the Michigan Wolverines on Monday for their first loss of postseason play in
The former has slugged 18 home runs and driven in 78 RBI this season, while the latter has launched 15 long balls and driven in 57 runs. Dallas has a record and a 3. Florida State is keyed by third baseman Drew Mendoza, who has hit 16 home runs and driven in 56 runs.
Center fielder J. All stats courtesy of school websites. Facebook Logo.